Producer Relations Manager, Copenhagen
Are you passionate about organic/biodynamic/regenerative production methods? Do you live and breathe for finding better ways to make the food system more transparent and resilient? If yes, then you might be the person we are looking for to be responsible for nurturing relations with Danish producers currently using Dagens, and building new relations. You will set and drive the strategy for produce together with the local team and be responsible for making sure there are tons of biodiverse produce available to buy on Dagens throughout the seasons. Last, but not least - you will be joining a start-up, so there will be operational tasks that you need to handle with a "can-do attitude", which may or may not be in your clear role-description. Creating a new food system is not done in a day, we are building it brick-by-brick. Dagens has an ambitious vision of building a transparent and resilient food system, and close collaboration with all producers using Dagens is key to reach that vision.
- You will be responsible for implementing the defined producer strategy
- You will identify, contact, and onboard new producers that fit Dagens' guidelines - this will happen by phone, email, through the network, or by visiting farms/producers —> so you need to be comfortable to "cold call" and work with your phone
- You will work closely with the rest of the local team to ensure that all operational tasks get handled
- You will be in charge of following up with key producer partners and ensure that the partnership is going well
- You have a close collaboration with our Product-team to ensure Dagens gets all crucial user-feedback to enhance our product and services
- You will work closely with our Head(ess) of Produce, which sets the guidelines of which type of producers we accept to our marketplace
- Be happy to bring Dagens' vision and culture across to every potential partner
Background & profile
- 2-5 years of high-paced experience from a related industry or company
- MSc within business, engineering, food, sustainability or similar studies. Candidates with a different MSc, or BSc are also encouraged to apply
- Have (much) more than basic knowledge about food production, both conventional and organic/biodynamic/regenerative (resilient) production methods - you need to be able to understand what type of producers you are talking with and decide whether they are a fit for Dagens or not
- Be good at conversations; farmers often have a lot on their chest and often welcome the opportunity to have someone interested listen to how they run their business and what their everyday challenges are
- Be empathetic, but able to steer the conversation and argument well to convince producers to try new things when it comes to their sales channels and market
- Cannot be afraid to get your hands dirty —> get shit done, work shit out!
- Fluent in Danish and English
What we offer
- Do something that matters - UN estimates that over 1/3 of the CO2 emissions come from the current food system
- Competitive compensation (salary and shares, as well as other benefits)
- Join a dynamic, experienced, and international team (currently 8 nationalities)
- A transparent and trust-based culture with a strong focus on social and environmental sustainability
- A strategic role within the company - and the possibility to grow with the company
- Flexible working hours - run your days
- Amazing food (& lunches) - we have access to the best produce Denmark has to offer, naturally you also get access to that
- Offices in the center of Copenhagen
How to apply?
Send mail to email@example.com, with a CV and motivation letter explaining why you want to work in Dagens. Deadline: the sooner the better - it is an ongoing process.