Product manager, Oslo/Cph
Dagens is an Oslo-based food tech startup building the platform for a transparent and resilient food system, making direct trade of local, sustainably produced food easy. We already delivering to all top restaurants and canteens in Oslo and Trondheim and have just launched in Copenhagen. Our strongest asset is our amazing team of passionate and dedicated designers, developers, and product people dedicated to challenging the status quo of a food system that is ripe for disruption. We have a modern tech stack and use product management tools such as OKRs and retros to help guide our focus.
The team consists of 17 value- and mission-driven individuals 9 nationalities and we are proud to have (nearly) reached 50/50 gender balance, which is far beyond average in tech. Maintaining an inclusive, empowering, caring and open-minded culture is our top priority.Dagens is currently live in Oslo, Trondheim, and Copenhagen. We just raised a seed round and are now rigging our platform and the organization to scale into Europe.
As a product manager in Dagens you will be responsible for a specific product area in Dagens - shaping our product strategy for that area, as well as the road of how to get there. You tie all the pieces together - the user feedback and insights, the technical constraints, the needs for cleaning up technical debt as we go, and the market trends - and you prioritize and set the direction for the product team efforts based on it. You will work closely with our developers and designers, defining the product priorities and what to build, and supporting them as they figure out how. You will be able to solve and crack loads of interesting challenges, directly impacting the lives of local farmers and chefs.
The Product team has become ninjas in collaborating online so it is up to you if you want to sit at the Oslo office or the Copenhagen office. If you will be sitting at the Copenhagen office, we want you to be willing to travel to Oslo once in a while, as we still believe the magic of meeting face to face cannot fully be replaced by remote work.
- Lead an autonomous, multi-disciplinary agile team of designers and developers
- Set the product strategy, ensuring that both short and long term perspective is accounted for
- Be expected to take tough prioritization decisions in order to maximize the success of your team
- Build a deep understanding of our users - both the customer side (chefs) and the food producer side
- Have a deep understanding of Dagens's commercial, user and technical objectives and deliver them in your area of the product
- Help ensure we build the right things in the right way, by applying best practice product discovery and agile techniques
- You have a strong track record of shipping products users love and have experience with having a product in production with real users
- You have experience with having a product in production with real users running 24/7/365
- You have so much emotional empathy for the product and our users that you feel the physical pain when stuff isn't working right. But, even though it feels like everything is on fire, you're calm enough to let go of the unimportant and prioritize the most important
- You become intrigued by creating the new food system, and you are passionate about making a real change
- You have a strong product intuition and mindset - always setting the users first and thinking about how to make their lives easier
- You are a team player who enjoys working collaboratively
- You care about data and are evidence-based in your decision making, while still appreciating the importance of understanding the users' real, underlying needs
- You are capable of operating at both a strategic level and diving into the details
- You like solving hard problems
- You are able, and passionate about inspiring their team to go the extra mile
- 2-5 years experience as Product Manager / Owner
- Preferably a background in engineering or design - you might have MS/BS Degree in Industrial Economics or Computer Science, but this is not mandatory
What we offer
- Do something that matters - UN estimates that over 1/3 of the CO2 emissions come from the current food system
- Competitive compensation (salary and shares, as well as other benefits)
- Join a dynamic, experienced and international team (currently 8 nationalities)
- A transparent and trust-based culture with a strong focus on social and environmental sustainability
- A strategic role within the company - and the possibility to grow with the company
- Amazing food (& lunches) - we have access to the best produce Norway and Denmark has to offer, and naturally you also get access to that
- Offices in the center of Oslo and Copenhagen
How to apply?
Send mail to email@example.com, with a Portfolio, CV and motivation letter explaining why you want to work in Dagens. Deadline: the sooner the better - it is an ongoing process.